06/09/2013

Quick Bean and Chorizo Chilli

This is one of my favourite quick recipes when you want something quick, tasty and filling. I highly recommend this recipe. I personally made my own tomato and chilli sauce and left it to cook out for a little longer than the given recipe, but you can use a pre-made tub of tomato and chilli sauce.

I love the flavour that the Chorizo gives this dish and the beans make this really filling.


I used this recipe from the BBC Good Food website, I love looking at this website for inspiration. I just made my own chilli sauce with this too.

Ingredients:
  • 1 can of chopped tomatoes
  • 1 tsp of Chilli powder (you can use as much or as little as you like)
  • 1 pinch of garlic salt
  • 1 teaspoon of mixed herbs
  • 1 tablespoon of tomato puree
  • Salt and Pepper
  • 100 ml water
  • 1/2 large onion or 1 small onion, chopped
  • 1 can of chickpeas drained
  • 1 can of kidney beans drained
  • 100 g chorizo, sliced
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • A little dash of oil
Served with rice 


Method
  1. Start cooking your rice, I use half a largeish mug to feed 2 people to 1 mug of boiling water. Bring to the boil, lower the heat and put a lid on the pan. Cook for about 15 minutes or until the water has evaporated.
  2. Put the oil in a frying pan, gently fry the onions until they start to soften. Add the chorizo to the pan until it starts to crisp a little. Add the rest of the ingredients to the pan, bring to the boil and then lower the heat. 
  3. Cook until the the sauce starts to thicken a little. Serve with the cooked rice.
If your rice is cooked before your chill then just turn the heat off and leave the pan lid on.


No comments:

Post a Comment