24/08/2013

Roast Potatoes (13 p for 2 people)

As much as people are sometimes against tinned food, I find the new potatoes cheap and as they are already prepared very easy and quick to use. The ones I used were 13 p for 550 g (from Asda, price checked on 24/08/13), so I don't think you can argue about them being good value for money.

I fancied trying to roast these potatoes to see how they would turn out and I think they turned out pretty well! They were nice and crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.

I also find that the frozen roast potatoes you cook in the oven tend to be covered in flour so have gluten on them, not good for those of us following a gluten free diet.


Serves 2:

Ingredients:

1 tin of new potatoes
A good glug of oil
Salt

Method:

  • Pre-heat the oven to 200 C (fan) and put in a roasting tray with the oil.
  • Drain a tin of new potatoes and put onto the pre-heated tray.
  • Season with plenty of salt.
  • Cook for approx 45 minutes or until crispy.
The 13 p for 2 portion is excluding the cost of oil and salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment