15/07/2013

Courgette and Ham Frittata

I really like courgettes and I don't really eat enough of them, so I decided to make a frittata this week. Plus it's a really quick and easy meal to make after work. When we get the garden sorted properly, I wouldn't mind giving growing courgettes a go (though who know's when that will be!).

I had a slice of ham leftover in the fridge, which wasn't really going to be used for anything so I decided to chuck that in too.


I used a small frying pan for the above as I was making a single portion.

Serves 1

Ingredients:
  • 1 medium courgette, chopped
  • 1 handful of grated cheddar cheese (I used mature cheddar)
  • 1 slice of ham, torn / chopped into pieces
  • 3 medium eggs
  • 1 small glug of milk
  • Salt and Pepper
  • 1 tablespoon of oil for frying (I used oilve oil)
Method:

  1. Put the frying pan on a medium heat, add the oil and cook the courgettes for approx 10 minutes until they start to soften.
  2. In the meantime, beat your eggs with the milk. You can season with salt and pepper.
  3. Add the egg mixture over the courgettes, sprinkle with the cheese and ham.
  4. Cook until most of the egg has cooked through, then pop under the grill for a few minutes until the top has cooked.
If you're going to make this for more than 1 person, you'll need to use a bigger pan. Other than that, you can just double the recipe. You can always chuck in some leftovers that you have in the fridge too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment