05/05/2013

Poached eggs and bacon on toast

I went out for dinner last night for some friends and a cocktail or two. So this morning, I wanted a decent breakfast, but I didn't fancy a full fry up. I don't tend to eat poached eggs much, normally I go for scrambled eggs. They tend to be much quicker and less hassle for me, but today I really just fancied some poached eggs on toast. We also had some mushrooms that needed using up in the fridge, so decided to make use of these too.


We served it with some grilled cooking bacon, some mushrooms fried in butter (the boyfriend sneakily put some garlic powder on this too).  It was a really good breakfast, just what I needed this morning. I've seen people use avocado on toast with poached eggs, I may try this next time as I quite like the idea.

1 serving

Ingredients:

  • 50 - 65 g of mushrooms
  • Approx 80 - 100 g of cooking bacon
  • 2 medium free range eggs
  • 1 tsp of garlic powder
  • 1 tablespoon of vinegar
  • 2 slices of gluten free bread
  • Butter (for the toast and frying the mushrooms)

We fried the mushrooms in a little butter in a frying pan and added some garlic powder. Cook the bacon under the grill on the medium heat. For the poached eggs, you need to bring a large pan of water to the boil, adding approx 1 tablespoon of vinegar. If you swirl the water and break the egg into the middle, the poached eggs tend to stay together. Then serve on toast.

1 comment:

  1. Wow....this is the complete pack of delicious recipes. I liked your blog.bacon on toast is looking yummmm.

    ReplyDelete