06/05/2013

Carrot, Cumin and Kidney Bean Burgers

After seeing Jack from http://agirlcalledjack.com on BBC Breakfast I had a look at her blog like a lot of viewers who watched her that morning. I think her story is inspiring and just goes to show how squeezed some peoples finances are. It's amazing what some people can make on so little money though.

One of the recipes on Jack's blog that caught my eye was carrot, cumin and kidney bean burger. 

They were really easy to make, came out looking pretty good and held together well.


We had some pitta bread for another meal later in the week, so decided to use them. Mine was gluten free, I've had these before and they're not bad. We also had some of the garlic pickle with nigella seeds that we had picked up from the Fountain Abbey, which made a nice addition.


I liked the flavour and texture of the burger. It's probably the  best bean burger that we've had. Considering the taste and how much it cost to make, it shall definitely be on the list of things to make again.

You can find the recipe here.

 Notes: I used Doves Farm gluten free flour in this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment