13/04/2013

Sweet potato, spinach and lentil dahl

When we were thinking about what to eat this week, we knew we had quite a lot of beef on the menu after making the salt beef, so decided that putting some more vegetables on the menu would be in order. What I'm coming to realise is that meat does not have to be the centre piece of every meal, some vegetarian dishes are just as tasty and do not leave you wanting afterwards.

My boyfriend and I are both curry lovers and I really liked the look of this lentil dahl recipe. The flavour really came through and the addition of the sweet potato and spinach made for a really tasty meal. It's definitely something that we would make again. I say we, but the lovely boyfriend made this last night ;-) 



I know the curry might not look like much, but believe me it comes through on flavour and it was low in calories. 

The recipe we used was here, the only change we made to this recipe was that we seasoned it and put some sugar in the recipe to help balance out the flavours. We also used Knorr stock cubes as they are gluten free. I recommend that you give this recipe a try, it would be good recipe to have mid week as it only takes half an hour to cook. The portion sizes are also pretty decent.

If you do decide to make this or have made something similar, please feel free to share.

Have a good weekend everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment