20/03/2013

Easy Vanilla Muffins / Cupcakes


Tonight for dinner were having Jacket Potatoes, so I thought I would post one of the baking recipes from the weekend, as I made a few different cakes. These were made as large cupcakes / muffins and they were very easy to make. 

You can easily increase or decrease this recipe by however much you want, I tend to weigh the eggs and then use equal weights of caster sugar, butter and plain gluten free flour.

Mine made 12 muffin sized cupcakes

Ingredients:

3 eggs (mine weighed 185 g)
185 g caster sugar
185 g butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
185 g gluten free plain flour
3 tsp of baking powder

Method
  1. Preheat oven to 190 C.
  2. Cream butter in a bowl, then add the sugar and whisk with an electric whisk until it starts to go pale in colour.
  3. Add the eggs and whisk until the batter becomes smooth again.
  4. Add the vanilla extract and sift the flour and baking powder into the bowl and mix until it is all combined. Make sure to whisk fully to get a really smooth batter. If the mixture seems really thick then add a little milk, but personally I didn't need to put any into my mixture.
  5. Put the muffin cases in the muffin tin and fill them with the mixture.
  6. Bake in the oven on 190 C for approximately 20 - 25 minutes, poke with a cocktail stick until it comes out clean and the top of the muffin springs back when you touch it.

I used vanilla butter icing on top of mine, for which I used the following recipe:

Ingredients:

150 g of butter
300 g of icing sugar
1 tsp of vanilla extract

Method:
  1. Soften the butter in a bowl.
  2. Add the icing sugar little by little to the bowl and start to cream by hand with a spoon (Personally I find that it ruins the butter icing if I use an electric whisk).
  3. Add the vanilla extract to the butter icing and stir. 
  4. Spread the butter icing onto the muffins with a teaspoon or you can pipe these on if you have a piping bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment