15/03/2013

Chocolate Banana Souffles

I spied this recipe on the Skinny Taste site a while ago and I was a little hungry one afternoon and fancied something a bit sweet and at 131.2 calories per portion, I thought that this would be the perfect opportunity to try them and not feel guilty about it!


It was quick and easy to make and resulted in a nice light and fluffy dessert. I think they came out looking pretty good as well and I'd be quite happy to serve these a dessert if I had guests round.


The great thing about this dessert is that you can taste both the banana and the chocolate coming through, but I don't believe that either was overpowering and actually complemented each other very well. It was also just the right balance of sweetness for me, as I have got a bit of a sweet tooth but sometimes it can be a bit too much.

I did make one substitution in this recipe, simply due to the flour that I had in the house. I used rice flour instead of the cornstarch.

You can find the recipe that I used here.

I really enjoyed making this simple soufflĂ© idea, so I think I will start experimenting with some different flavours.

2 comments:

  1. I love chocolate soufflés, but I've never tried them with banana - must experiment!

    Kate - Cakes and Bakes by Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's made me want to experiment too. Need to leave it a little while as I've been baking a lot recently lol.

      Delete