12/02/2013

Gluten Free Pancakes

I love pancakes and I love pancake day.

If you are gluten intolerant or have coeliac disease, don't let this put you off making pancakes. I tend to use Doves Farm plain flour as my general use flour. I normally sub this for most recipes I use (apart from bread).

I love nutella on my pancakes and I don't think that pancake day would be the same without it.



This is the recipe I used for pancakes:

Pancakes
Doves Farm gluten free plain flour -200 g 
Eggs - 2 medium
Semi-skimmed milk - 250 - 300 ml

Method:
1) Sift the flour into a large bowl
2) Make a well in the flour and crack both eggs into the well
3) Start mixing, adding the milk gradually as you are whisking the mixture (the mixture should be the consistency of thick gravy - if it is too thick add more milk, if it is too runny then sprinkle in a small amount of flour)
4) Put a crepe pan or small frying pan onto a medium to high heat
5) Put a small cube of butter of butter into the pan
6) Put a ladle full of the mixture into the pan
7) Cook until the mixture starts to cook on the top and the pancake is golden brown and cooked on the bottom. Flip the pancake and cook the other side of the pancake until the other side looks golden brown.7
8) Serve with toppings of your choice, today mine are nutella and sliced banana. Yum!

What toppings do you like on your pancake?



No comments:

Post a Comment